PRIVACY NOTICE REGARDING CLIENT PRIVACY
Benefit Financial Services Group (“BFSG”) and its employees are committed to protecting your privacy and to safeguarding that information. BFSG has adopted this policy with recognition that protecting the privacy and security of the non-public personal information we obtain about our customers is an important responsibility.
All financial companies choose how they share your non-public personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your non-public personal information. Even when you are no longer our customer, we will only share your non-public personal information as described in this notice. So, please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
Information We Collect: We collect your non-public personal information in a variety of ways. For example, we obtain your non-public personal information when you open an account, seek financial advice, tell us about your investment or retirement portfolio, enter into an investment advisory contract, or give us your employment information or income information, used to conduct due diligence, among other purposes. We also collect your non-public personal information from other companies. For example, from the custodians who hold your account assets or your service provider regarding your retirement plan.
The types of non-public personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us.
With respect to BFS Wealth Management and Pacwest, a part of the BFS Wealth Management division services, this information can include items such as:
• Social Security numbers and income;
• Information received from service providers or other third parties, such as account balances or account transactions; and
• Information we receive from you regarding your investment experience and risk tolerance.
With respect to BFS Institutional services this information can include items such as:
• Information we receive from you and your service provider regarding your retirement plan;
• Information about your retirement plan transactions; and
• Information received from service providers or other third parties, such as account balances or demographic information.
Sharing Non-Public Personal Information: All financial companies need to share customer’s non-public personal information to run their everyday business. We will not disclose your information except under the following circumstances:
• When necessary to complete a transaction, such as with the account custodian;
• When required to maintain or service your account(s); such as your account custodian or service provider;
• To your attorney, trustee, or anyone else who represents you in a fiduciary capacity;
• In other circumstances with your instruction or consent;
• To protect the confidentiality or security of your records;
• To report to credit bureaus;
• To our auditors or our parent company, Focus Financial Partners, LLC;
• In connection with a sale or merger;
• In response to court orders and legal investigations as required by law or to comply with regulatory inquiries; and
• For our own firm’s marketing purposes, so that we can offer our products and services to you.
Opt-Out: Federal law gives you the right to limit only sharing non-public personal information about your credit worthiness for our affiliates’ everyday business purposes; sharing non-public personal information about you with our affiliates to market to you; and sharing non-public personal information with non-affiliates to market to you.
We do not share non-public personal information about your creditworthiness with our affiliates for their everyday business purposes. We do not share your non-public personal information with our affiliates to market to you. We do not share your non-public personal information with non-affiliates to market to you. We also do not share your non-public personal information for joint marketing with other financial companies. State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
We do not share non-public personal information with our affiliates. However, we share your non-public personal information with a non-affiliate for the purpose of aggregating it and providing summary information based on this data to our parent company, Focus Financial Partners, LLC.
Safeguarding Your Non-Public Personal Information: To protect your non-public personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings. We restrict access to non-public personal information about you to those individuals who need to know that information to provide products or services to you and perform their respective duties.